Dominique Andersen is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact me at this address if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and I will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Transfer of your data outside of the EEA
- Registration on our websites.
- Use of profiling technologies
- Information about social sharing buttons
- Social media
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to abide by the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data gathered.
- We create our services with privacy by design and we will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of your data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You can exercise his right whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This information includes for example, your name and e-mail address, your comment, the detail of your request, or any information included in a message you send us. We save data such as your billing address, home address, any other information exchanged while we provide our services – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We also save particularly sensitive personal information that you share with us when we work with , this can information preferences, family, career, your aspirations, your philosophy.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. When you look at the contents of our website or use our services, your activities may be logged. For example, the type of web browser, the type of device, the operating system, the domain name of the internet provider you use, your IP address. This information is technically necessary to correctly deliver the contents of web pages requested by you and is mandatory when using the internet. Anonymous information of this kind is statistically evaluated by us to optimize our internet presence and the underlying technology.
This may also include your login history, the documents you’ve downloaded, your shopping cart information, your shopping history (if there is any). This information is used to improve your customer experience and to prevent abuse of our systems.
Information from our partners
We gather information about you from trusted partners with confirmation that they have appropriate privacy safeguarding policies in place and legal grounds to share that information with us. These are mainly partners that help us deliver our services to you. This happens for instance when you use a payment processor to purchase one of our services or when you sign up for a platform on which one of our courses is available. This is generally information you have provided them directly with or it may also be information they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available. This could be social media updates for instance.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our services to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you for the fulfillment of an order; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- for marketing purposes;
- to protect our services against abuse and fraud.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- to communicate for the delivery of a service or product;
- to inform you of any change or update to our services and policies;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyze our user base (browsing/ purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning user satisfaction;
- to inform you of any change or update to our services and policies;
- to send our clients non-commercial emails and gifts;
- to protect our clients and our services against fraud and abuse;
- to make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience;
- to monitor the security of our services;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your browsing behavior/ purchasing history to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters, free content, promotional material and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have explicitly asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from laws and regulations and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law and regulations. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 10 years. We delete the personal data that we no longer need quarterly.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes and ensure of fair and transparent Processing.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We may be required to share some of your data by law. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
These companies provide tools necessary to allow us to deliver certain aspects of our service. The use of these providers is subject to each provider’s terms and conditions and privacy policies. Some may require the transfer of your personal data of outside the EEA as described here. We use the tools on the ground of legitimate interests.
You can find more information about our newsletter below.
These companies are online payments providers that process payments on our behalf and you can find any of these payment options embedded on our websites. When you choose any of the payment options listed below your information is transferred to these companies. They generally require your name, your address, your email address, your telephone number, they can also record your IP address, or other data necessary for payment processing.
Program delivery platforms
These companies provide solutions to deliver programs and trainings our behalf. When you purchase one of our products or services on these platforms they generally require your name, your email address, they can also record your IP address, or other data necessary for payment processing and to monitor the delivery/ completion of the training and the security of their platform.
Our business partners:
We rely on the services of externals contractors such as accountants, lawyers, assistants and other service providers.
We also work with referral partners who may introduce you to us.
We may also share your data in the case the transfer of the business to another company.
In these situations we process your data on the ground of legitimate interests.
Connected third parties:
- These third-party tools allow us to deliver technical aspects of our
websites. Some of these solutions require the transfer of your data
outside of the EEA as described
The use of these providers is subject to each provider’s terms and
conditions and privacy policies. We use the tools on the ground of
Communication and scheduling
These companies provide tools we connect to our websites to allow you to send us request through secure forms and schedule appointments with us. The information you provide when you send out those requests and the technical data about your computer is transferred to these companies.
These companies provide tools which are embedded on our websites to provide you with media content. When you interact with this content your information is transmitted to these companies servers who deliver the content to your computer, they can record information about your computer, your browser, your IP-address, your viewing habits.
These company provide tools that support technical functions of our website.
- If you choose to comment publicly on our websites or on any
third-parties platform that we use to provide our services, the
information you choose to make available such as your name, email
address, comment will be viewable by all users.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. Where appropriate we have signed a contract with our providers to guarantee the safety and the privacy of the Processing of your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We use high-end encryption for the storage of your data and for sensitive communications with our clients.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services. Some of these cookies provide security features or are used to prevent fraud.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some third party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Transfer of your data outside of the EEA
Some of the solutions we implement to provide you with our offers, services and products require the transfer of your data outside of your jurisdiction. Your data may be transferred, stored, used and processed by trusted third parties outside of the EEA, particularly in the US and Canada.
You can find the list of these companies and their respective privacy policies here.The legal ground for this transfer is your consent.
Registration on our websites.
Some of the paid services we offer require the registration of an account on one of our websites or on the website of a third-party provider. This registration requires your name and your email address. Additionally, we record data about your use of the platform for example the content you interact with during a program, or the reception of documents sent to you in your private client area. We process this information on the ground of our contractual obligations to you. Some of this data may also be processed to fulfill legitimate interests. The list of the third-party providers we work with and a link to their respective privacy policies is available here
When you sign up to receive our newsletters and updates, the data you provide will be used exclusively for this purpose. Subscribers may also be notified by email about circumstances relevant to the service or registration (such as changes to the newsletter offer or technical conditions).
To register we need your name and a valid e-mail address. In order to verify that the request is actually made by the actual owner of the e-mail address, we use the “double-opt-in” method. For this purpose we record data about your order of the newsletter, the dispatch of a confirmation mail and the receipt of the requested answer. The data will be used exclusively for the distribution of our newsletter and will not be passed on to third parties.
The legal ground for this Processing is your consent. Your consent to the storage of your personal data and their use for the newsletter can be revoked at any time. Each newsletter contains a link to an unsubscribe page. You can also provide us with your request via the contact details provided in this document.
Use of profiling technologies
Certain elements of the services we offer, such as our newsletters, use profiling technologies which allow us to automatically provide you with content tailored to your interest. We collect data such as the offers you request, the links you click on, the emails you open, the emails you do not open or some technical data such as time stamp, IP, browser information, device used.This allow us to taylor your experience and only deliver you the content that matches your interests and your needs the most.
The legal ground for this Processing is your consent. You may at any time withdraw consent for this processing.
Social sharing buttons
You can always contact the supervisory authority responsible for you with a complaint. Your competent supervisory authority will depend on your domicile, your place of work or on the alleged violation. A list of the addresses of the supervisory authorities (for the non-public area) can be found under: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html code.
You can always contact Dominique Andersen at this address to exercise your rights regarding your date. Your request will be answered within 30 days.
Last modification was made on May 18th, 2018.
For convenience an automatic translation of this policy is also provided in German, the authoritative document is the English version.
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. If any personal data (such as name, address or email address) is collected, this is as far as possible done on a voluntary basis. This data will not be shared with third parties without your express consent.
We advice you that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating via e-mail) may have security flaws. Complete protection of data against unauthorized access by third parties is not possible.
Access to personal data, opposition, removal.
You always have the right to information about your personal data we store, its origin, its destination and the purpose of the data processing. You also have the right to request correction, oppose the use of your data or ask for the deletion of data. For this purpose, as well as other questions relating to your personal data, you can always contact us at the address given in the legal notice.
This website uses so-called cookies. Cookies do not harm your computer and do not contain viruses. Cookies are used to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and safer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and saved by your browser.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies”. They are automatically deleted after your visit. Other cookies remain on your device memory until you delete them. These cookies allow us to recognize your browser the next time you visit.
When you send us a requests via our contact form, your personal details from the request form including your contact details are stored for the purpose of the processing the request and in the case of follow-up questions. This data will not be disclosed without your consent on.
Opposition to non-sollicited promotional emails
We oppose the use of the email address provided in the legal notice to send us unsolicited advertisements and information materials. The operators of the sites will take all the necessary legal steps in case of abusive use of this address for unsolicited promotional information, such as spam e-mails.